Workers of the eWorld - Unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maoist comrades in Nepal.

2 posters

Go down

Maoist comrades in Nepal. Empty Maoist comrades in Nepal.

Post  Fredrick Engels Mon May 03, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm basically just copying and pasting this from my thread in the SFP forums:

If you haven't heard there are tremendous events happening in Nepal where the Unified Communist Party of Nepal(Maoist) has taken to the streets demanding the Prime Minister resign and a Maoist led coalition government make a new constitution, etc. It started May first where hundreds of thousands(Estimates from comrades on the ground and organizers for the event tally the numbers of cadres there to be around 500,000) of cadres attended a rally in Kathmundu demanding the PM resign, Maoist led government, etc, but their demands were not met so now they have called a general strike. The general strike is still going on to this day and businesses have been reported to have been shut down, school canceled, government officials can't make it to their jobs, and it has completely paralyzed the whole cities and cities across Nepal. They have vied not to stop the general strikes until the government is toppled and the Maoists lead a national coalition government.

This too me could be the first communist revolution we see in the 21st century. If the Maoists are attacked by the government I don't see it ending well for the government and if they don't attack it doesn't look the Maoists will end the general strike either and the government will have to give in to their demands. If the Maoists do give up though then it would look like they betrayed the masses after everything that has been done and said which could make them lose support. So I just hope they don't give in and that it will happen peacefully.

Context: UCPN is the largest party in Nepal, from 1996-2006 they had led a People's War again the monarchy where thousands had died. They then agreed to a cease-fire and have grown to the largest party and were the largest party in the Constituent Assembly before they resigned because of a conflict between Prachanda(The leader of the party) and the then President of Nepal.

Videos of their May Day rallies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_aMyUNZK...r_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXfZUsocJ...embedded#!

I think I'm going to be doing my research paper on this Big Grin
Cheers and solidarity for our comrades in Nepal!
Discuss events.
Fredrick Engels
Fredrick Engels
Comrade
Comrade

Back to top Go down

Maoist comrades in Nepal. Empty Re: Maoist comrades in Nepal.

Post  Maksim Chuikov Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm

Interesting but your links don't work.
Maksim Chuikov
Maksim Chuikov
Comrade
Comrade

Back to top Go down

Post  Fredrick Engels Tue May 04, 2010 4:35 pm

WTH! Well Kasama covers this great:
http://kasamaproject.org/
Fredrick Engels
Fredrick Engels
Comrade
Comrade

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down